Amsterdam Acrylic Paint - 562 Grey Blue
Amsterdam Acrylic Paint is a high quality water based paint which is virtually odorless, making it really comfortable to work with. It is available in a wide range of colors, so you can paint to perfection!
IMPORTANT: See below for more info.
- Shipped within 24 hours*
- Returnable within 30 days
- Personal customer service
- More information? Contact us about this product
- Add to comparison list
When choosing your color, make sure to also check out the opacity or transparancy of that color using the indicator below. From left to right: opaque, semi-opaque, semi-transparent, transparent.
HOW TO USE
Before painting your cosplay armor or prop with Amsterdam Acrylic paint, you should always prime the surface first.
- For cosplay armors or props made out of thermoplastics like Worbla, Thibra or Sintra (also known as Forex) we suggest using PVA Primer, Gesso, Flexbond, Hexflex or QuickSpray Primer (our own brand alternative for Plasti Dip) because thermoplastics stay solid and aren't flexible anymore when finished. For a super smooth result it is best to have multiple layers of primer and if neccessary sanding between the layers, you can keep doing this to your liking.
- For cosplay armors or props made out of EVA foam we suggest using Flexbond, Hexflex or QuickSpray Primer (our own brand alternative for Plasti Dip) because EVA Foam stays flexible most of the times when finished and EVA Foam needs to be sealed. QuickSpray Primer seals the EVA Foam and primes it in one go, while also staying flexible when dried. The perfect match for EVA Foam cosplay armors and props.
- For cosplay or costume pieces made of fabric. There is no primer needed, you can directly paint on the fabric with a brush or sponge. Please note: Amsterdam Acrylic is not a dye, but a paint.
When the priming is done you can start painting with brushes and/or sponges depending on which way of painting you prefer. Multiple layers of paint can be needed, depending on the coverage degree of the Amsterdam Acrylic paint and the result you like to accomplish. If you are new to cosplay painting or in need of a more detailed explanation, we highly recommend the tutorial books of Kamui Cosplay about cosplay painting. After you made your paint job perfect, a wise thing to do is sealing your paint job to make sure it lasts and stays perfect longer. For this you can use one of our sealers depending if you want a matte finish, or a shiny car paint kind of look.